Sunday, February 10, 2008

All things in "mod"eration...

"Remember to take all things in moderation, including World of Warcraft" - WoW loading screen

So for the past little while I have been somewhat addicted... not to WoW itself, but to finding, downloading and installing new addons for the game. I have take most of them from what I have found on BigRedKitty and this post on BigButtBear. Now there are some great mods out there to be used, but my problem is that I was trying to do too much and I lost track of the gameplay (and many functions that I need to play the game) The long of the short is that today I had to wipe my system and start from scratch by reinstalling WoW to my PC.

There is a lot to be said for the developers of these addons who spend countless hours scripting and coming up with some great ideas, but I don't think that even they are running 35+ mods on the game (I know.... it got bad) I have to agree with BigButtBear when I say that I am (now) a minimalist in regards to what addons I am going to try out. Moderation in all things... I think I have heard that somewhere before.

No comments: