Friday, February 29, 2008

DnD...

So I have been using the entrecard blog promoting system (sounds like a self help series) to try and get some kind of word out about the blog. But what I am really enjoying about it is the chance to get to find some many other cool blogs. Since then, my work production may (or may not) have taken a hit due to the sudden spike in blog scavenging. One of the blogs that I came across was a Dungeons and Dragons blog, Corollax.

Now, a little backstory on Vishero, in real life. Being from a large a (13 kids) and prodominatly male (10 boys) family, most of us became a sort of wierd mix of jock/closet nerd. I grew up reading the Dragonlance Chronicles series at 6 or 7 years old. I was captain of the football, soccer and volleyball team, but loved to play Magic:The Gathering with my best friend. All that being said, I never really dabbled into DnD, until about two or three years ago. My buddy at work introduced me to it and said that he was going to be DM-ing a new campaign starting soon with some mutal friends. (this same buddy is Koreth, my Night Elf Hunter friend!) I decided that I would give it a go, and literally from the moment I started playing I was hooked. I loved the imagination it took to play, the chance to make a character and *gasp* write his backstory.

We played nearly 2 times a month for several months straight, but then life happened and we stopped, Koreth moved to Missouri and the rest of the guys, well I had kind of gotten tired of their play style ("why isn't there more treasure...") So I have all the books from 3.5 edition but no one to play with... and reading this blog made me feel like some had stolen my puppy. Don't get me wrong, me loves to play some WoW, but the most fun (and challenges) I have ever had playing came from DnD. I think part of it is that I have had this deep dark secret my entire life... I have always wanted to write a fantasy novel/series. I played DnD as though this would be a character that I would someday write about and read about. I mean my first character I wrote a 3 page backstory. It is that type of imagination and creativity that I really miss. So if anyone knows someone in the Queen Creek/Gilbert/Mesa, AZ area that is aching for some dice rolling... let me know. Cause I am dying to play...

2 comments:

Haley H said...

I dabbled with D&D in high school and college, but was never very serious. I think the most important lesson I learned was to always check the ceiling when entering a room -- those critters like to ambush you from above.

And a really creative DM can make the game so much fun. The memories.

Good luck getting a group together. Sounds like fun.

Haley H said...

On the topic of D&D, did you see that Gary Gygax died this week? :(

See Gary Gygax