Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Super noob....

Sometimes my noobishness astounds even myself. So I have been trying to get into this wide world of blogging and it has been going pretty well. Mrs. Vish sometimes complains that I am addicted to WoW (which I ademitly deny!) but for a long time now I have been much more addicted to WoW blogs... anything really, not just druid stuff. I think it all started with reading BigRedKitty, and then that became a part of my daily routine. From there I got hooked on other blogs... BigButtBear, Resto4life, Tj and the demonic ponytail, ect. and I now find myself reading them each throughout the week. They are kind of what inspired me to start writting, that and a deep down desire to better my writting skills.

So off to the blogging world I went and I would make sure and keep my wife updated on it (after I asked her permission, I mean told her I was doing it!!! again addiction worries surfaced...) She has been great to tell me how proud she was when my site meter hit 10... only to find out most of those were me checking on the blog. (noob) I had to pick her up off the floor when the blog hit triple digit visits... hopefully not all from me this time. She was excited when I set up my entrecard account and low and behold TJ (whom Mrs. Vish got to hear all about even though she could care less) wanted to advertise on my blog. And I think I almost brought her to tears when BRK (again his reputation proceeded him) decended from his mighty throne on Mt. Buttkickus to advertise on my blog. I found myself wondering if I was worthy of such demi-gods presence as their's, and the many other wonderful bloggers that I am getting to know better.

That being said... I have been trying to get better about posting comments and some ask for me to leave my URL, to which I gladly did. Come to find out I think that I have been leaving the wrong URL at times... WHAT A NOOB. No wonder solo healing a 5 man instance is tough for me... I can't even get the URL right. So, who's the goose...ME! I got my fill of humble pie and thinking that "this blogging stuff isn't too hard... A NOOB COULD DO IT" Well I am here to tell ya that a Noob is doing it...

3 comments:

Nick said...

And now your literary friend is going to tell you to check your spelling... NOOB! I'm glad to see a good friend also suffering from WoW blog addiction...

Haley H said...

I know what you mean. The WoW blogs are terribly addicting. I started with BRK, then added NeedMoreRage, and now, because of this EntreCard thing, I've added TJ and a whole slew of other WoW bloggers to my routine, including yourself. :)

Keep the posts coming. I'm enjoying your site.

Uzinvi said...

Hehe, I've just recently started my own blog (for the same reasons pretty much @_@) and the first time I actually left a comment somewhere I misspelled my characters name >.< (at least it wasn't the web site's name >.>)

I felt like such a noob, but hey, I AM a noob at this stuff, so maybe its good ;)

Also, best way to improve writing skills seems to be to use MS word. I mean, I've written stuff for school and it’s picked up a few things and I guess I’ve learned a bit from that, but the whole blogging thing has taught me things that I SHOULD have known (it’s versus its…I’ve been confused on that since 1st grade, and my blog has finally gotten it through my head @_@) but that just didn’t click while I was doing essays due to not using them or just not caring.